Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Birthday Party Invite

My brother (hereafter known to this blog as Blue Uncle) invited us to his son's (Blue Boy) birthday party with the following email:

"Blue Boy turns 3 on 1/10 and we would like to invite you to his Birthday Party Saturday 1/13 at our home.  Brunch at noon or thereabouts.  Please don't bring any presents unless you plan on accepting something in exchange (which I get to pick). Sorry for the late notice, but the boss was out traveling the world while I slaved away at home." - Blue Uncle


Interpretation:
  • "Please don't bring any presents unless you plan on accepting something in exchange (which I get to pick)" means that if you show up with a present you will leave with one of the Blue family's dogs.  He is serious.  We didn't bring a present.
  • Blue Tante was at her uncle's funeral over the weekend prior to this party, during which time Blue Uncle dropped the rest of the Blue family off at grandma and grandpa's house.  If this is the dad equivalent of "slaving away" I want to be a dad.
--------------------------------------------------

Shortly thereafter Blue Uncle realized that he had invited people to a birthday party on an nonexistent day.  We then received the following email:

"So it would appear that I am not too bright and Saturday 1/13 doesn't really exist....What I meant to say is Sunday the 13th....If you show up Saturday you can help me clean my house." - Blue Uncle 

Interpretation:
  • If you are coming on Saturday, you will be cleaning the Blue family's house.  He was serious.  We arrived on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment