Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Indigo Tante on her wedding planning...

"I am going to do all of that traditional wedding stuff that isn't fucking weird.  Fucking weird things that I plan to avoid?  The money dance.  Totally fucking weird.  Traditional, but not insane?  Garter, father/daughter dance, and bouquet toss." - Indigo Tante

Yes - my sister curses like a sailor. How I love her!

(In another lifetime, i.e. pre-Green children, she lived with Green Papa and I.  Indigo Tante had just finished college and was looking for jobs.  Green Papa was constantly traveling for work.  It was like being back in school with the world's most awesome roommate.)

The obscene phrases she can string together really get magical at times.  She now lives in a far away state so my exposure to her effervescent linguistics is limited to the occasional phone conversation. The one and only positive of this situation is that Green Boy is not privy to her special blend of the language arts, and therefore I don't have to be the mom with the creative, but inappropriate, cursing preschooler.  I am not nearly as profane as Indigo Tante, so Green Boy has a chance at to develop some civil communication skills. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment